Tonight I was looking for something a little different, then what I normally go for on a Wednesday night. I had a foodie friend of mine keep insisting that we try Bartaco in West Hartford. Well today I had finally taken the advice.
One word: Ambitious!
We were greeted by a charming hostess that was very quick to seat us at a very nice, clean table. Then our waiter and a trainee whom both were very informative and charming; had informed us of their dragonfly card, which is used to summon your waiter.
The system is genius; non-intrusive and accommodating. There is no need to shout for the waiters attention, or even interrupt your own dinner conversation to find the waiter.
Here is what we had…..
- The Mojoberry: Organic, refreshing and very bubbly.
- The Sweet Tea: Flavored iced tea.
- Chips & Salsa Verde (My Favorite) $3 w/ side of guacamole $5 (good,but not worth $5)
- Fried Plantains: Tossed in salt & cayenne pepper $4 (Delicious, Horris’s choice)
- Pork Belly Taco: Pork belly served in a soft corn tortilla $3.50
- Chicken Taco: Grilled chicken served in a corn tortilla $2.50
- Duck Taco: Slow roasted duck served in a corn tortilla $3.50
- Shrimp “Banh Mi” Taco: Marinated shrimp served in a corn tortilla $3.75
- Grilled Corn: Grilled corn served with cojita cheese on top $2.50 (best warm)
Till next time.